Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012 is gonna be great. But Valentine's Day 1987???


Here we are at Valentine's Day 2012. The gift is wrapped. The card is signed. It's all good-to-go!

But a funny thing happened on the way to the year's big romantic holiday. I asked Denise about our first REAL Valentine's together back in '87. In fact, I couldn't remember what I bought her; flowers, a necklace, maybe a scarf???

The answer, she reminded me with a smile..was nuttin'. "Really", I said???

"That's right", she replied.

She added," I bought you 2 new sweaters from Wanamaker's department store in Northeast Philly". Denise remarked I admired the sweaters, then said that..."I'll get you a card later on".

WOW!!!! Class with a capital "K"!

Needless to say...things a have changed!

Houston Home and Garden Magazine was kind enough to include us in their Valentine's issue.

Thank goodness they didn't ask about the FIRST Valentine's Day!!!